8-18 January 2021
Two things immediately spring to mind when I think of the Jeri.
Some things to note:
– planing in the straps and a harness on a sub 110 L board.
– hundred percent water starting
– happy swimming around in breaking surf (don’t mind getting your hair wet!)
If you’ve never been in waves before – don’t worry – the waves break around a point. If you sail downwind, you escape the white water.
Jan in Jeri – best coaching wind
The windy season in Jeri is September through to the end of Jan – the windiest months being being November and December. But I prefer Jan for 2 reasons:
1. It’s much less busy on the water. You don’t have to fight for waves
2. It’s ‘nice’ windy. I am typically using 5.7 or 5.2 which means you have far more control on the waves that you do in 4.0 weather. It’s better for coaching AND the waves tend to be more consistent.
Pousada P0nta daPedra
‘Pousada’ in Portuguese means ‘guest house’ or small hotel. Ponta da Pedra is right on the beach – you literally roll out of bed into the sea – and all of 20 metres from the centre. The location isunbeatable.
The breakfast is incredible and you wont quite believe where you’re sitting!
It’s quite basic but very clean and extremely friend. If you’re looking for 5 star luxury, Sportif can direct you elsewhere.
Dates: 9-18 Jan ’24
Flights: TAP Portugal including 1 bag 23kg baggage allowance
Tue 09Jan24 Heathrow/Lisbon 0815/1100 hrs
Tue 09Jan24 Lisbon/Fortaleza 1705/2150 hrs
Thu 18Jan24 Fortaleza/Lisbon 2320/0925 hrs (19Jan)
Fri 19Jan24 Lisbon/Heathrow 1440/1730 hrs
9 nights Jeri Pousada Ponta da Pedra BB
Including 7 days Peter Hart Windsurf MasterClass
Including roundtrip Fortaleza Airport group transfers
Prices per person:
Land Only (no flights) – £2,295 in a twin room
Land Only (no flights) – £2,699 in a single room
Including Flights – £3,295 in twin room
Including Flights – £3,699 in a single room
9 days Windsurf Pro board hire £299 pp
9 day Windsurf Storage including kit airport transport (1 bag) £249 pp
To book, contact Sportif on: +44 (0)1273 8449189; firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens on the Jeri clinic